If your child/student is headed to college in the Fall, it is time to fill out the FAFSA today:
- Every college, two year, four year and specialty schools require the FAFSA
- FAFSA = Free Application for Federal Student Aid (This document is filled out every year a student is in college)
- Fill it out online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- This document will want parent & student income and assets information
- Call The Center for College Planning (NHHEAF) in Concord for a free FAFSA filing appointment 1-800-525-2577x119
- Some private colleges also require the CSS Profile found on www.collegeboard.com
- Colleges set their own deadlines for financial aid. For example both UNH & Plymouth State require a completed FAFSA by March 1st
Here is another resource you may use when navigating the college financial aid process:
"Ultimate FAFSA Resource Guide"
Other Internet Adventures
Education Agencies and Resources:
Be advised: The Financial Aid Office does not recommend the use of one site over another and websites are currently unregulated by any authorizing agency.