Students may enter the building at 8:25 a.m. and, as always, will be considered late if they enter after 8:40 a.m. Parents are asked to drop their child(ren) off at 8:25 a.m. in the front of the school or at the playground gate at the primary end of the building. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR UNATTENDED ALONG THE SIDEWALK; THAT AREA IS FOR DROP-OFFS ONLY. If you need to leave your car to enter the building, please park in a designated parking space.
Please note: In the morning, the following doors will be used for entry:
1. The main office door: for parents and students.
2. The multi-purpose room doors: for students only.
3. Primary end door by pre-school: for students only.
4. 4th and 6th grade playground doors: for bus students only.
Parents who wish to enter the building at arrival time must use the main office door and be “buzzed in”.
All students who are being picked up or who are walking home will be brought outside by I-LES faculty members.
Afternoon Pick Up Locations:
* PK-1 Students: Staff members will accompany students and will exit the building through the primary doors closest to the main road. Parents may wait for their child outside the gate. Please do not come onto the playground. Also, be mindful of the busses that will be coming down the hill at 3:00 p.m. to pick up the majority of our students. If possible, give them the right of way so they can get around the building.
* Grades 2-3 Students: Staff members will accompany the students and exit the building through the multi-purpose room doors. Parents may wait for their child on the sidewalk outside the multi-purpose room in the front of the building.
LunchTime is now it’s own application. To check your student’s account balance or to add money to their account, simply click the LunchTime link on the parent resource page, then click the Parent Login button. First, enter the same email address you’ve provided the school for communication purposes, then enter the password you used to use for MMS. In the vent that you’ve forgotten your password, you are now able to reset it yourself using the Forgot Password link. In the event the account does not recognize you after attempting a reset, contact email@example.com for assistance.
Students who wish to ride a different bus or who need to get off at a different stop than they normally do must have a note from home. Not only does this ease confusion during dismissal, but it also makes it clear for the bus drivers. Drivers are instructed not to drop a child off at a different location unless they have written permission to do so from the school. Also, the bus company would like to remind parents and students that items brought on the bus should be able to fit comfortably on a child’s lap. Items that are large or can be unsafe (snowboards, skateboards, large projects, skis, baseball bats, bouquet of balloons, etc.) are not allowed to be brought onto the bus.
We have a FABULOUS PTO!! The first PTO meeting of the year is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20th, at 7:00 p.m. in the I-LES library. ALL ARE WELCOME! Don’t forget about the PTO’s major fundraiser of the year: the PTO Walk-a-Thon. This year’s event is scheduled for Sunday, September 25th, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. on the high school track. For more information visit the Inter-Lakes PTO homepage.
Summer News from the Living Classroom!